5 Feb | Posted by Cheryl Wilson | no comments |
• Their pet has its own Facebook account
• When working late they Skype their dog from the office
• They will buy their dog a birthday and Christmas present
• They monitor their dogs diet for optimal quality and provide valuable exercise
A study sponsored by the American Kennel Club focusing on the behavior, attitudes, and purchasing habits of dog owners, discovered that having a canine companion heavily influences both their lifestyle and purchasing habits of people.
Almost all survey respondents (99%) own a dog for companionship and 88% consider their dog a family member. Additional findings include:
• 72% of owners say dogs enhance their own personal health.
• 51% say their dogs affect how they spend their leisure time.
• The top activity (48%) enjoyed by dog owners is a walk.
• Nearly two-thirds of dog owners fence their yards to contain their pets.
• 48% have owned a dog for 20 years or more.
• 4 of 10 dog owners have made arrangements for their dogs in the event they pass away before their dog does.
• 67% feel the most common drawback of dog ownership is emotion when the dog dies.
• Nearly half of owners look for dog-friendly accommodations when booking travel.
• 47% consider their dog’s comfort in deciding which car to buy.
• 50% of owners purchase rawhide bones, 34% pig parts, 26% dental hygiene chews.
• 72% of owners look for the best and highest quality dog food brands.